As a not-for-profit organization, CDS is always exploring ways to increase funding so that we may continue to provide excellence in dance education, expand community outreach and continue to fulfill our mission. Please contribute to the future of dance at CDS so that we can share the transformative power of dance with future generations.
As a not-for-profit organization, we welcome the participation of friends and family in many aspects of our school community.
Your financial support keeps us moving forward.
A financial contribution to CDS will make new works possible. It might help renovate costumes and scenery. It might also fund master classes by dancers and teachers of renown. It might even fund scholarships for dancers who would blossom from the experience, but need help to make it happen. Please consider making an annual, tax-deductible donation to Connecticut Dance School, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization.
Donate Online through GreatNonprofits with the following link, or mail a check made out to CT Dance School at any time!
Donate with your Amazon Purchases!
Help CDS any time you purchase something from Amazon! All you have to do is choose Connecticut Dance School as your AmazonSmile charity of choice (Click here for the direct link!), and Amazon will donate 0.5% of all your purchases to the school anytime you shop using smile.amazon.com. Learn more here!
Where do your donations go?
Your generosity helps fund the following initiatives on our wish list:
- Scholarships for students in need
- Transportation for Bridgeport school students to the Quick Center
- for the annual special performances of The NutcrackerTeen Ballet outreach program
- Maintenance of the CDS practice studios
- Special maintenance for marley flooring
- Refurbishment of Nutcracker costumes and props
- Master classes with guest artists
- Cavalier guest artist for The Nutcracker
- Nutcracker ballet enrichment curriculum for public schools
Volunteers enable our sucess
You can take class, drive our dancers to and from class and volunteer in a variety of ways before, during and after performances.
- To volunteer for the myriad of opportunities for parental involvement, including the spring gala and fundraising silent auction, please contact us at email@example.com or 203.384.2492
- To learn more about opportunities to participate in the school as an adult student, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alan Woodard
Our beloved school director Alan Woodard passed away on June 30, 2019. As a teacher, choreographer and director Mr. Woodard for over twenty years, he embodied our school’s passion for ballet and commitment to excellence. Mr. Woodard was dedicated to making ballet accessible to everyone and will be remembered for his kindness, his gentle humor and his vast knowledge of all aspects of dance. In his honor we have established The Alan Woodard Scholarship Fund…
[ read more ]
Thank you to our State and Corporate donors!
We would like to extend a special thank you to the following state and corporate donors who have contributed financially to the school.
- Connecticut Office of the Arts and Department of Economic and Community Development