CDS students are expected to conduct themselves in a disciplined, respectful and responsible manner at all times.
Students must adhere to school policies for in-class etiquette and dress code. Extreme cases of misbehavior may result in suspension or dismissal. Parents must take responsibility for their child’s behavior before and after classes.
Attendance and Lateness
Students who arrive late for class may gain admission only with the permission of the teacher. A note or a call from parents is required for lateness or absence. Repeated absences may result in a recommendation to change the student’s class level.
All missed classes should be made up within the same semester. Students may make-up in the same level class for which they are enrolled or in a class one level below.
Neat grooming is an essential part of the ballet training at Connecticut Dance School. Hair must always be off the face, neatly secured in a ballet bun for all girls in the Ballet Levels. A neat ponytail or braid is accepted for Pre-Ballet Levels.
Required Dress Uniform for Girls
Mirella brand tank style leotard preferred for all ballet and pre-ballet levels.
- Creative 1 – Pale Pink, any style
- Creative 2 – Pale Pink, any style
- Pre-Primary 1 – Buttercup Yellow, Mirella Brand
- Pre-Primary 2 – Buttercup Yellow, Mirella Brand
- Primary – White, Mirella Camisole Style
- Ballet 1 – Seafoam, Mirella Camisole Style
- Ballet 2 – Light Blue, Mirella Camisole Style
- Ballet 3 – Lilac, Mirella Camisole Style
- Ballet 4 – Turquoise, Ballet Rosa Frida Cap Sleeve
- Ballet 5 – Marine, Ballet Rosa Frida Cap Sleeve
- Ballet 6 – Burgundy, Ballet Rosa Frida Cap Sleeve
- Ballet 7/8/9/10 – Black or Color of Choice, any style
All levels wear pale pink tights and pink ballet slippers with elastics over the instep. Adults may wear dance attire of choice.
Required Dress Uniform for Boys
White “T” shirt, black shorts or tights, white socks, and white or black ballet slippers with elastics over the instep.
Required Modern Dance Uniform for Girls and Boys
Bare feet. Any color/style leotard with black footless tights for girls; “T” shirt, black tights or jazz pants for boys.
Shop for Connecticut Dance School’s Uniforms
Connecticut Dance School’s in-house boutique offers students tights, ballet slippers and some tights. The shop is open during class hours. You may also find CDS uniforms at Attitude Dance & Active Wear in Norwalk.